The Medium-Voltage Laboratory was built in 2014 and it has state-of-the-art facilities unique in Denmark, which allow the testing of equipment up to 20kV/2MVA in a safe and controlled environment. Among others it is possible to test power converters, circuit breakers, transformers or insulations.
The main use of the new MV laboratory will be for testing the power electronic converters for future, large wind turbines having internally rated voltage above 1 kV.
- 20kV utility grid connection
- A dedicated operator’s room and test room of 100m2
- Prepared for air- and water-cooled equipment (cooling capacity 200 kW)
- Up to 5 testing-bays
- 20/20-10-6-3 kV 2 MVA test transformer
- 20/0,69-0,4 kV 530 kVA test transformer