Grid connected converter setups
GPL disposes of five identical drive systems controlled by mixed RISC/DSP digital controllers (DSPACE DS1103 PPC plugged in host PC) featuring four‐quadrant operation capability.
- The dSPACE DS1103 PPC is a mixed RISC/DSP digital controller providing a powerful processor for floating point calculations as well as comprehensive I/O capabilities.
- Each of the five systems has two parallel connected Danfoss FC302 DC‐AC inverters connected to the grid through an LC‐filter and a 50Hz transformer.
- Each inverter can be supplied individually from separate DC sources
- Each inverter is controlled separately. The powerful and flexible structure of the system allows the implementation of both classic current control techniques as well as advanced strategies, like anti‐islanding or active damping methods. Typical applications of this system include:
- Control of converter or grid side current using PWM
- Control of active rectifiers
- Grid support using intelligent inverters
PV inverter test setup
- High bandwidth PV array simulator with linear post-processing unit (Regatron, 1000V- 40V)
- High Precision Power Analyzer (Yokogawa WT3000)
- Fully programmable four quadrant grid simulator (California Instruments MX‐30)
PV array monitoring and diagnostic setup
- 1KW single phase PV inverter
- Grid inverter controller implemented in dSPACE 1103 system
- DC/DC boost controller implemented in TMS320F28335
- Fully programmable in Matlab/Simulink Code Composer Studio
Flash Sun simulator (SPI-Sun 5600 SLP)
- Class A A A , module size up to 2000mm X 1370mm
- Light and dark I-V curve measurement
- Module efficiency measurement according to international standards
- Suitable for thin-film modules (light pulse length up to 140ms)
Op tical PV module characterisation setup
- InGaAs short-wave infrared (SWIR) camera for electroluminescence (EL) tests, with resolution 640x512 pixels, spectral range of 0.9 to 1.7 microns wavelengths, 25fps
- IR camera for thermal imaging, resolution 320x240, spectral range of 7.5 to 13 micron, sensitivity 0.05°C @ 30°C.