Industrial/PhD Course: Electromagnetic Wave Propagation in Power Systems
- Monday 13. August 2012 at 8:30 - Wednesday 15. August 2012 at 16:00
This course is intended the PhD-student or person from industry working with the travelling wave phenomena within the area of power systems. The course will focus on electromagnetic wave propagation starting with Maxwell's equations.
Included will be electromagnetic waves in general, plane waves in lossy dielectrics and in conductors. The coaxial transmission line will be in focus but also wave propagation on solid bar conductors and on wires in free air and the interaction of these components is discussed. Multiconductor systems will be analyzed as a part of the course as well.
- Department of Energy Technology
- Pontoppidanstræde 101, 9220 Aalborg East, room 23
- More information
- Registration deadline
- Wednesday 8. August at 10:59
- 6000 DKK for PhD students outside of Denmark and 1500 DKK for PhD students in Denmark, who is not from AAU. 8000 DKK for the Industry.