Below you may find a list of selected journals and conference papers within the programme. If you are interested in further publications, they can be found at VBN by searching among the members of the research programme.
- Design and Co-simulation of Hierarchical Architecture for Demand Response Control and Coordination
Bishnu Prasad Bhattarai, Martin Lévesque, Birgitte Bak-Jensen, Jayakrishnan Radhakrishna Pillai, Martin Maier, David Tipper, Kurt S. Myers
IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, Vol. 13, No. 4, 2017, pp. 1806-1816.
- Active Control of Thermostatic Loads for Economic and Technical Support to Distribution Grids
Bishnu Prasad Bhattarai, Iker Diaz de Cerio Mendaza, Birgitte Bak-Jensen, Jayakrishnan Radhakrishna Pillai, Navaraj Karki, Jake P. Gentle, Kurt S. Myers
Proceedings of the IEEE Power & Energy Society General Meeting, 2016.
- Local Adaptive Control of Solar Photovoltaics and Electric Water Heaters for Real-time Grid Support
Bishnu Prasad Bhattarai, Iker Diaz de Cerio Mendaza, Birgitte Bak-Jensen, Jayakrishnan Radhakrishna Pillai
Proceedings of the Cigré Session, 2016.
- Optimal Operation of the Integrated Electrical and Heating Systems to Accommodate the Intermittent Renewable Sources
Jinghua Li, Jiakun Fang, Qing Zeng, Zhe Chen
Applied Energy, 2015.
- Comprehensive Cost Minimization in Distribution Networks Using Segmented-time Feeder Reconfiguration and Reactive Power Control of Distributed Generators
Shuheng Chen, Weihao Hu, Zhe Chen
I E E E Transactions on Power Systems, 2015.
- Optimal Reactive Power and Voltage Control in Distribution Networks with Distributed Generators by Fuzzy Adaptive Hybrid PSO Method
Shuheng Chen, Weihao Hu, Chi Su, Xiaoxu Zhang, Zhe Chen
I E T Generation, Transmission and Distribution, Vol. 9, No. 11, 2015, pp. 1096-1103.
- Fuzzy Adaptive Particle Swarm Optimization for Power Loss Minimisation in Distribution Systems Using Optimal Load Response
Weihao Hu, Zhe Chen, Birgitte Bak-Jensen, Yanting Hu
I E T Generation, Transmission and Distribution, Vol. 8, No. 1, 2014, pp. 1-10.
- Optimal Operation of Plug-In Electric Vehicles in Power Systems with High Wind Power Penetrations
Weihao Hu, Chi Su, Zhe Chen, Birgitte Bak-Jensen
I E E E Transactions on Sustainable Energy, Vol. 4, No. 3, 2013, pp. 577-585.
- A Novel Technique to Enhance Demand Responsiveness: An EV Based Test Case
Seyed-Mostafa Farashbashi-Astaneh, Bishnu Prasad Bhattarai, Birgitte Bak-Jensen, Weihao Hu, Jayakrishnan Radhakrishna Pillai, Zhe Chen
Proceedings of the IEEE PES Asia-Pacific Power and Energy Engineering Conference 2015 (IEEE PES APPEEC 2015).
- Demand Response Control in Low Voltage Grids for Technical and Commercial Aggregation Services
I. D. C. Mendaza, I. G. Szczesny, J. R. Pillai and B. Bak-Jensen
IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, 2015.
- Estimation of Residential Heat Pump Consumption for Flexibility Market Applications
K. Kouzelis, Z. Tan, B. Bak-Jensen, J. R. Pillai, E. Ritchie
IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, Vol. 6, No. 4, 2015, pp. 1852-1864.
- Optimizing Electric Vehicle Coordination Over a Heterogeneous Mesh Network in a Scaled-Down Smart Grid Test bed
B. P. Bhattarai, M. Lévesque, M. Maier, B. Bak-Jensen, J. R. Pillai
IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, 2015.
- Flexible Demand Control to Enhance the Dynamic Operation of Low Voltage Networks
Iker Diaz de Cerio Mendaza, Ireneusz Grzegorz Szczesny, Jayakrishnan Radhakrishna Pillai, Birgitte Bak-Jensen
IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, 2014.
- Modeling of the CIGRE Low Voltage Test Distribution Network and the Development of Appropriate Controllers
Ghullam Mustafa, Birgitte Bak-Jensen, Pukar Mahat
International Journal of Smart Grid and Clean Energy , Vol. 2, No. 2, 2013, pp. 184-191.
- A Simple Adaptive Over-Current Protection of Distribution Systems with Distributed Generation
Pukar Mahat, Zhe Chen, Birgitte Bak-Jensen, Claus Leth Bak
IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, Vol. 2, No. 3, 2011, pp. 428-437.
- Comparative analysis of hourly and dynamic power balancing models for validating future energy scenarios; Jayakrishnan Pillai, Kei Heussen, Poul Alberg Østergaard
Energy, Vol. 36, No. 5, 2011, pp. 3233-3243.
- Integration of Vehicle-to-Grid in Western Danish Power System
Jayakrishnan Pillai, Birgitte Bak-Jensen
IEEE Transactions on Sustainable Energy, Vol. 2, No. 1, 2011, pp. 12-19.
- Coordinated Voltage Control Scheme for SEIG-Based Wind Park Utilizing Substation STATCOM and ULTC Transformer
Mohamed S. El Moursi, Birgitte Bak-Jensen, Mansour Hassan Abdel-Rahman
IEEE Transactions on Sustainable Energy, Vol. 2, No. 3, 2011, pp. 246-255.
- Underfrequency Load Shedding for an Islanded Distribution System With Distributed Generators
Pukar Mahat, Zhe Chen, Birgitte Bak-Jensen
IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, Vol. 25, No. 2, 2010, pp. 911-918.
- Evaluating Maximum Wind Energy Exploitation in Active Distribution Networks
Pierluigi Siano, Peiyuan Chen, Zhe Chen, A. Piccolo
IET Generation Transmission and Distribution, Vol. 4, No. 5, 2010, pp. 598-608.