- Ph.D Defence Announcement: Mr. Enrique Diaz will defend his Ph.D thesis entitled Modelling and Control of DC Microgrids for Efficient Energy Distribution Systems on February 15th , 2018.
- News: Subham Sahoo from The Indian Institute of Technology Delhi (IIT), Department of Electrical Engineering, visited the Microgrids Research Programme. Research interest: Distributed control in Microgrids.
- Event: Members of the Microgrids Resarch Programme attended the 43rd Annual Conference of the IEEE Industrial Electronics Society (IECON2017). In addition, a Tutorial, "The Internet of Energy - The Building-Block for the Future Smart Grids" together with 6 papers and 1 poster were also presented. Date: October 29 - November 1st, 2017.
- Event: PhD Defence Announcement: Baoze Wei will defend his PhD Thesis entitled Distributed Control Strategies applied to Parallel-Connected Three-Phase Modular UPS Inverters on Oct 23rd.
- News: 4 members of the Microgrid Research Programme attended the IEEE Energy Conversion Congress and Exposition (ECCE), 2017 at Cincinnatti, USA. 5 papers were presented.
- Annoucement: There is Special Session on Energy Internet on IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics.
Deadline: December 10th, 2017. For more information, please see here
- News: 2 team members of the Microgrid Research Programme attended the 26th IEEE International Symposium on Industrial Electronics (ISIE), the IoT week and Global IoT summit conference in Geneva, Switzerland.
- News: 4 members of the Microgrid Research Programme attended the 2nd International Conference on DC Microgrids ICDCM at Nurnberg, Germany. 5 papers were presented.
- Event: News: Dr. Yajuan Guan attended the IoTsummit and the IoTweek in Geneva, Italy. The first IoT VICINITY paper was presented there.
- Event: Dr. Amjad Anvari-Moghaddam attended the 10th IEEE International Conference on Internet of Things (iThings-2017) in Exeter, Devon, UK as the chair of the International Workshop on Energy Internet.
- News: Prof Josep Guerrero attended the IEEE Workshop on Power Electronics and Power Quality Applications PEPQA 2017 as a keynote speaker.
- News: Prof Josep Guerrero will give a presentation in the MARITIME AFTERNOON event. AAU wishes to establish a maritime center that collects research within the Maritime area, giving businesses in the industry a better overview of the research. The talk will be about Maritime Microgrids.
- The deadline for submission of the full paper to our Special Issue “Next Generation Intelligent Maritime Grids” in IEEE TRANS. INDUSTRIAL INFORMATICS has been extended. The new submission deadline is August, 31st 2017. Original research and practical contributions as well as surveys and state-of-the-art tutorials are also welcome.
- PhD Defence Announcement: Hengwei Lin will defend his PhD Thesis entitled Protection and Stability Analysis in Microgrids on June 27th.
- Annoucement: There is a iTHINGS-2017 Special Session on Energy Internet - Integrating Internet of Things into the Smart Energy Systens. Deadline: Extended to 23 March. Please see more information here
- Annoucement: A Special Issue on Flexible Operation and Control for Medium Voltage Direct-Current (MVDC) Grids is now open. Deadline: Feb 28, 2017. Call for Papers here
- Annoucement: A Special Session on Communications and Control in Power and Energy Systems will be held in conjunction with the 17th edition of the IEEE International Conference on Ubiquitous Wireless Broadband ICUWB’2017 in Salamanca, Spain, from September 12th to 15th, 2017. Deadline: April 24th, 2017. Please see more information here
Ph.D Defence Announcement: Mr. Sun Bo will defend his Ph.D thesis entitled Control of Flywheel Energy Storage Systems in Electrical Vehicle Charging Station on December 9th.
11 members of the Microgrid Research Programme attended the IEEE Industrial Electronics Conference IECON at Florence, Italy. 9 papers were presented and 2 papers were selected as the best ones in their corresponding sessions.
On behalf of the Microgrid Research programme Dr. Amjad Anvari-Moghaddam attended the International Microgrid Symposium 2016 at Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada October 20-21, 2016 as a speaker. the presentation was about Shipboard Microgrids: Advances in Control, Operation and Management
Ph.D Defence Announcements: Mr. Chi Zhang and Miss Yajuan Guan will defend their Ph.D thesis entitled "Modular Uninterruptible Power Supply System" and "Novel Control Strategies for Parallel-connected Inverters in AC Microgrids" on October 10th and October 18th respectively.
8 members of the Microgrid Research Programme will attend the IEEE Energy Conversion Congress & Exposition (ECCE 2016) in Milwaukee, USA .
News: Tthe Microgrid Research Programme is pleased to announce that It has the internal record of the greatest number of people so far with 46 Team members!.
The Microgrid Research Programme have nine INTRO MSc students. Their projects are based on Sizing of Renewable Energy Sources for Autonomous Residential Microgrids and LVDC Distribution Systems in Future Residential Power Systems.
News: Associate Professor Juan C. Vasquez was selected among 18 young AAU researchers to receive funding through the talent management programme established as part of the implementation of the University strategy “Knowledge for the World”. Please see all the news here.
News: Professor Josep Guerrero has received the best paper award of the IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion for the period 2014-2015, and the best paper prize of IEEE-PES in 2015.
Annoucement: There is a Special Issue on Structured DC Microgrids. Deadline for manuscript submissions: September 1, 2016. Please see the official Call for Papers here.
Annoucement: There is a new Special Issue on Systems of Power Converters: Design, Modeling, Control, and Implementation. Deadline for manuscript submissions: August 31, 2016. Please see the official Call for Papers here.
Annoucement: Professor Josep M. Guerrero will give a IEEE-PES Webinar on AC and DC Microgrids on Wednesday - August 3rd, from 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM EDT. For further information and registration link click here
News: During his visit to Nanjing IOT Sensor Technology Co., Ltd. , Professor Josep M.Guerrero and Wulian vice-president Zhu Jian, met to to lay the foundation for mutual cooperation. The cooperation will aim to design a smart IoT home energy management system. Please see the full news here (Chinese version) or here (translated English version)
Prof. Josep Guerrero is giving a webinar for IEEE Industry Applications Society IEEE-IAS entitled State of the Art in Microgrid Technology. Please see all the details and presentation here
Annoucement: There is a new Special Session on Energy Conversion in Next-generation Electric Ships. Deadline for extended abstracts: March 15th, 2016. Please see the official Call for Papers here.
The Microgrid Reseach Programme is pleased to announce that Professor Josep Guerrero is recognized as one of the Five Energy Researchers from AAU as the most Influential by the international news organization Thomson Reuters. Thomson Reuters has selected some 3000 names in 21 different categories and the five energy researchers from AAU are in the category of engineering where there are only about 160 researchers worldwide. Please see all the details here.
- 10 members of the Microgrid Research Programme will attend the IEEE Industrial Electronics Conference IECON at Yokohama, Japan (12 papers will be presented).
- Ph.D Defense Announcement: Lexuan Meng will defend his Ph.D thesis entitled "Hierarchical Control for Optimal and Distributed Operation of Microgrid Systems" on October 16th. More information here.
- The Research Programme on Microgrids successfully hosted the 11th International Symposium on Microgrids 2015.Related info and photos can be seen here
Microgrid Group photo at the AAU City Campus
Chris Marney,Staff Scientist in the Microgrids Research Laboratories
- The Research Programme in Microgrids will participate of the opening of the new Spearhead Danish Center for Innovation in Aalborg as a kick-off for Data-Intensive Cyber-Physical Systems (DiCyPS) project. The purpose of this center is to make extensive use of software and data from the IT management dedicated to complex physical systems in order to create smarter and more user-friendly solutions for Danish society.
- Prof. Josep Guerrero will be a Keynote speaker at IEEE First International Conference On DC Microgrids (ICDCM) Atlanta, June 7-10, 2015. The topic is related to Advanced Control Architectures of DC Microgrids.
- A NEW Special Session on Distributed Generation Systems and Microgrids will be arranged in the 10th IEEE International Symposium on Diagnostics for Electric Machines, Power Electronics and Drives (SDEMPED), in Guarda – Portugal, September 1-4, 2015. Deadline for manuscript submissions: March 7th, 2015. Please see the official Call for Papers here.
- EFFICIENSEA, a joint project between the MicroGrid Research Programme, Maersk Drilling A/S and WattsUp Power IVS has been supported by the Danish Maritime Fund and innovation Fonden. Please find the press release here
- Prof. Josep Guerrero has been Elevated to IEEE Fellow and Dr. Juan Vasquez to IEEE Senior Member!. Congratulations!
- PhD defense announcement: Qobad Shafiee will defend his PhD thesis entitled "Multi-Functional Distributed Secondary Control for Autonomous Microgrids" on December 4th. More information here.
- Prof. Josep Guerrero will attend the Microgrid Deployment Workshop in Barcelona next September 22-23. His presentation is related with Advance Control Architectures of AC and DC Microgrids.
- 01/09/2014 - Guest Lecture of two staff members from Università degli Studi di Pavia (Italy): Dr. Stefano Riverso and Prof. Giancarlo Ferrari. The lecture is entitled "Distributed and Plug-and-Play control for islanded Microgrids".
- Announcement!: The MicroGrids Research Programme opens a PhD Stipend in Direct Current Microgrids. Deadline: 15/09/2014.
- The MicroGrid Research Programme will have its FACEBOOK group webpage soon. Stay tuned!
- The MicroGrid Research Programme invites you to the International Workshop on FLEXIBLE ELECTRIC VEHICLE CHARGING INFRASTRUCTURE FLEX –CHEV on November 06/11/2014 from 09.00 AM - 04.00 PM.
- Prof. Josep M. Guerrero has been selected as one of the Thomson Reuters Highly Cited Researchers 2014! Highly Cited Researchers represents some of the world’s leading scientific minds.