The Department of Energy Technology has set up a Recruitment Panel, and this is an important step in the Department's endeavours to engage in ongoing dialogue with potential employers of our graduates. We want to cooperate with society to ensure quality and commercial relevance for our study programmes. The Recruitment Panel is part of Aalborg University's general quality assurance system and contributes to ensuring that graduates match the requirements and expectations of potential employers.
The Recruitment Panel is composed of external and internal participants. The Department is organised in seven sections covering the Department's competence areas within energy technology, and the internal participants represent the seven sections. In addition, the Department's Head of Studies and the Chair of the Study Board of Energy are part of the Recruitment Panel.
The external participants are selected to cover a broad spectrum of the energy technology area. Furthermore, there is a representative from a technical upper secondary school.
The Recruitment Panel meets once a year to discuss the quality and relevance of study programmes, and to make suggestions for changes to programmes and development of new programmes. Among other things, the Recruitment Panel should:
- participate in and inspire the development of new and existing study programmes, e.g. from the employers' perspectives of the competences and profiles increasingly in demand.
- provide input to major revisions of curricula.
- advise on the relevance and need for study programmes as well as on the transition from being a student to being part of the labour market.
- provide guidance in connection with study programme recruitment of students, including contributing with ideas about marketing.
- contribute knowledge of national and international trends within the educational field and the employment fields to which the study programmes give access.