Industrial/PhD Course: Electricity Market and Power System Optimization
25.02.2019 kl. 08.00 - 27.02.2019 kl. 16.00
Professor Zhe Chen - Aalborg University
Assistant Professor Jiakun Fang - Aalborg University
Professor Andrés Ramos Galán - Universidad Pontificia Comillas, Spain
This course provides a detailed description of decision-making tools for modern power systems under the market environment, addressing the perspectives transmission expansion planning, unit commitment and economic dispatch. These tools rely on stochastic optimization, complementarity theory and decomposition algorithms.
The main topics are as follows:
- Introduction to the electricity market organization
- Modeling the competition in electric energy markets
- Stochastic unit commitment to coop with the renewable generations
- Probabilistic midterm transmission expansion planning in liberalized markets
- Decomposition and acceleration techniques for large-scale optimization problems
Background in power system optimization, and fundamental knowledge in electricity markets.
Form of evaluation
The mini-project using Matlab/GAMS and the corresponding technical report will be submitted to the lectures for evaluation after the course. Minimum requirements include the clear interpretation of the models, simulation cases and results. Plagiarism is not allowed. Similar reports will be failed. Further details will be announced during the course.
6000 DKK for PhD students outside of Denmark and 8000 DKK for the Industry.
Department of Energy Technology
Aalborg University, Pontoppidanstræde 103, room 4.112, 9220 Aalborg East