Industrial/PhD Course: Reliability Assessment in Electric Power Systems
11.03.2019 kl. 08.30 - 14.03.2019 kl. 16.00
Professor Frede Blaabjerg - Aalborg University
Postdoc Saeed Peyghami - Aalborg University
Professor Mahmoud Fotuhi-Firuzabad - Department of Electrical Engineering, Sharif University of Technology
Electric power utilities are facing new challenges and problems in the changing utility environment. The course is aimed at providing an in depth introduction to the range of probabilistic aspects used in the assessment of electric power system reliability. The basic principles of reliability evaluation along with their application, current practices and solution methods in generation, transmission and distribution systems will be discussed.
Benefits of ParticipantS
- Understanding the fundamental of system reliability engineering
- Understanding the concepts of power system reliability
- Exposure to probabilistic technique applications to power system problems
- Exposure to reliability cost/worth problem and investigating the tradeoff between reliability and economics
- Utility personnel involved in system operation, planning and related activities
- Power engineers, graduate students and researchers in utilities and universities
The course will mainly cover the following aspects:
- Fundamental concepts of reliability
- Engineering System components and their outage models
- Techniques used in engineering system risk assessment
- Basic concepts of adequacy and security in electric power systems
- Generating capacity reliability assessment
- Composite generation and transmission system reliability evaluation
- Application of risk evaluation in transmission developing planning, transmission operation planning, and generation source planning
- Distribution system reliability evaluation
- Substation and switching station reliability
- Reliability cost/worth analysis
- Reliability data requirements for predictive and performance assessment
Pre-reading the shared materials.
Form of evaluation
The participants will be evaluated by exercises on the reliability of power systems.
6000 DKK for PhD students outside of Denmark and 8000 DKK for the Industry.
Department of Energy Technology
Aalborg University, Pontoppidanstræde 105, room 3.115, 9220 Aalborg East