Industrial/PhD Course: Sustainable Biomass Resources and Technology Pathways for Biogas and Biorefineries (AAU - Esbjerg)
06.05.2019 kl. 08.30 - 10.05.2019 kl. 16.00
Associate Professor Jens Bo Holm-Nielsen - Aalborg University
Associate Professor Mette Hedegaard Thomsen - Aalborg University
Associate Professors Jens Bo Holm-Nielsen – Aalborg University
Mette Hedegaard Thomsen - Aalborg University
Post Doc Tanmay Chaturvedi, ET - AAU
The course will give an overview of biomass resource studies and mapping; What is sustainable biomass and how to certify; types of biomass (e.g. woody biomass, forest residues, agricultural residues, energy crops and algaes etc.); pretreatment technologies & physical and chemical characteristics; biomass conversion technologies; mainly focused on biochemical (anaerobic digestion and fermentation processes) conversion processes; Bioefinery processes into fuels and higher value products; advanced biofuels from biomass; liquid biofuels for transportation; biogas and methanization; value-added processing of biofuel residues; economic and environmental assessments; policies and future R&D.
- The role of biomass resources in the global renewable energy supply.
- Sustainablity & biomass mapping.
- Substrate characteristics & pretreatment methods.
- Conversion processes and conversion technologies for liquid and gaseous biofuels
- Anearobic digestion and optimized biogas production – incl. Study tour during the course.
- Biorefinery production of advanced biofuels and other medium to high value refinery products.
6000 DKK for PhD students outside of Denmark and 8000 DKK for the Industry.
Department of Energy Technology
Aalborg University, Esbjerg.