November 2017 – Erik Schaltz gives Keynote Speech on Current and future powertrains of electrified vehicles at the 3rd International Conference on Electrical and Information Technologies in Rabat, Morocco.
September 2017 – Special Issue on ”Battery Integration and Operation in Electro-Mobile Applications” in Batteries by Guest Editor Erik Schaltz
August 2017 – Discussion on electric vehicles and future perspectives of transportation electrification by Psychology Professor Svend Brinkmann and Energy Researcher Erik Schaltz in the national radio program “Brinkmann på P1”. An article and short video from the program can be seen here.
June 2017 – Presentations given by Ana-Irina Stroe, Vaclav Knap and Erik Schaltz at the Danish Battery Society event on “Erfaringsudveksling om test af kommercielle batterier” at Danish Technological Institute in Århus
June 2017 – Presentation on “Power electronics” at two workshops on EMC Design for Drive Systems organized by EMC Klubben at Delta presented by Pooya Davari and Huai Wang
- April 2017 - Lecture on ”Strategies in Protecting Future Power Grids from Rectifier’s Harmonic Emissions (0-150 kHz): Modelling, Prediction and Mitigation” by Pooya Davari to be presented on the ECPE Workshop on “EMC in Power Electronics: From Harmonics to MHz – Design for EMC and Fast Switching” May 3rd 2017
- January 2017 - Special Section on “Power Quality and Harmonics Issues of Future and Smart Grids” in IEEE Access journal organized by researchers from Aalborg University
- December 2016 - Articles concerning the BATNOSTIC-project are posted in the Danish media Ingeniøren and the Norwegian media Teknisk Ukeblad
- November 2016 – Articles concerning the CIPED-project are posted in the Danish media Ingeniøren and the Norwegian media Teknisk Ukeblad
- April 2016 - Best Special Session Award on Renewable Energies to Jorge Varela Barreras
- March 2016 - Special Session on ‘Adjustable Speed Drives and Power Quality’ at the Industrial Electronics Conference, IECON 2016, organized by researchers at Aalborg University.
- March 2016 - The PhD/Industrial Courses within E-Mobility and Industrial Drives for 2016 are now open for registration. Please find the courses in the box to the right.
- March 2016 - Associate Professor Ewen Ritchie is made an Honorary Member of the Danish Magnetic Society.
- September 2015 - PhD Student Jorge Varela Barreras is a finalist at The Falling Walls Lab in Madrid.
- May 8th 2015 - Guest Lecture by Marcos Rupérez Cerqueda (founder and CEO of Quionne) on The First Electric Car on the Dakar Rally Raid.
- April 2015 - PhD Student Jorge Varela Barreras receives Best Paper Award on Ecological Vehicles at the 10th International Conference on Ecological Vehicles and Renewable Energies, EVER'15.
- January 2015 - The PhD/Industrial Courses within E-Mobility and Industrial Drives for 2015 are now announced. Please find the courses in the box to the right.
- December 2014 - AAU receives funding to investigate the battery degradation in electric vehicles when they participate in the electricity market. See more here.
- July 2014 - PhD defense announcement: Krisztina Monika Leban will defend her PhD thesis entitled "Design Tool for Wind Turbine Generators – Direct Drive (Proposed Solutions for Direct Drive Darreius Generators)" on July 1st. More information here.
- March 2014 - The CIPED-project, in which AAU researchers participate, is mentioned in the press. See the article here.
- January 2014 - AAU receives funding to develop In-Wheel motor and active damping system for electric vehicles. See more on www.ciped.dk.
- December 2013 - AAU receives funding to develop new innovative solutions of the main components for the drive train used in electro-mobility applications. See more on www.acemu.et.aau.dk.