- Annoucement: Prospective Professor Juan C. Vasquez has been awarded again as Clarivate's 2018 Highly Cited Researcher. Only ten researchers from AAU have being listed this year.
- News: News: Enrique Diaz, Emilio Palacios and Juan C. Vasquez attended the IoT Solutions World Congress 2018 in Barcelona, Spain. The event included 100+ sessions, showcases, dialog sessions covering IoT topics: Emerging Research and Development solutions, Big Data, Smart Cities and Blockchain technologies.
- Juan C. Vasquez has attended the course on Project Management for Researchers within the AAU Research Academy (AAURA) programme as part of the new AAU strategy - knowledge for the world. The course was given by Leif Knudsen from PEAK Consulting Group.
- News: MGRP hosted a delegation from several representatives from Taiwan (National Taipei Univ. of Technology, National Cheng Kung University, National Sun Yat-Sen university, National Changhua University of Education, National Tsing Hua university and National Taiwan university of University of Science and Technology) supported by the Ministry of Science and Technology (MoST) on September 6th - 7th. The visit purpose was to define future cooperation and bilaterial fundraising opportunities. A IoT Laboratory walkthrough was done showing the current research finding of the talent project.
- New: Collaborative meeting with the project partner, Associate Prof. Kai Sun from the Institute of Power Electronics and Electrical Machine Systems, Department of Electrical Engineering, Tsinghua University.
- Annoucement: There is a Special Session on IoT and Energy Internet . Deadline for manuscript submissions: 31 March 2019. For more information, please see the SS website here
- The IoTeam (PhD guest - Saad El Jaouhari, Amjad Anvari, Emilio Palacios, Enrique Rodriguez and Juan C. Vasquez) implemented a new IoT archtiecture on Safety and Health In Future houses as a Proof of Concept integrated in the recently built IoT demostration living house.
- News: Dr. Enrique Rodriguez attended the International Power Electronics Conference IPC- ECCE ASIA 2018 at Niigata, Japan on May 20-24. A poster entitled "An Approach for the Emulation of DC Grid Admittances: Implementation on a Buck Converter" was presented.
- News: Dr. Emilio Palacios was selected by the Dept of Energy Technology to support him as a potential talent to apply for an Individual Fellowships | Marie Skłodowska-Curie talent 2018. He will attend the AAU MSCA Talent Course 2018 management course.
- News: Dr. Enrique Diaz and Dr. Emilio Palacios attended the IOT WEEK 2018 on June 4-7 in Bilbao, Spain. The event includes 200+ sessions, workshops and activities covering IoT topics: Emerging IoT Research and Development, IoT and Big Data, IoT and Smart Cities. Special attention will be given to:
- AIOTI WG03 Semantic Interoperability
- GIoTS Session: IoT Enabling Technologies
- Blockchain Technology and IoT New Challenges
- IoT for Sustainable Development in Africa and Asia
- Enabling next Generation of Energy Services with IoT
- News: Dr. Emilio Palacios, Dr. Enrique Diaz and Assoc.Prof. Juan Vasquez will attend the INTERNET WEEK DENMARK. A five days festival with 100+ events in and around Aarhus on May 2 - 6, 2018.
- Opening: Where is technology taking us next?
- Blockchain for everyone (Technologies,Bitcoin, Ethereum & Hyperledger)
- Angular meet-up day ngAarhus
- Internet of Things Trends: Trending within Big Data and Machine Learning
- Annoucement: There is a Special Session on Microgrids 2018. Deadline for manuscript submissions: 30 June 2018.
- News: Emilio Palacios, Enrique Diaz and Juan Vasquez attended the Seminar entitled "Blockchains and Databases: What is the Difference". relevant topics:
- IBM Fellow C. Mohan: "Blockchains and Databases: A New Era in Distributed Computing"
- Prof. Torben Bach Pedersen, "Using Blockchains in the Energy Sector and Beyond"
- CEO Laurynas Siksnys, "FlexShape:Making Energy Communities Smart with Blockchain"
Panel session: "When to use blockchains, and when not to?"
Annoucement: There is a Special Session on The Digital Revolution in Future Power Distribution and Microgrids In Energies. Deadline for manuscript submissions: 30 November 2018. For more information, please see the SS website here
- Annoucement: Assoc. Professor Juan Vasquez has been awarded as Clarivate's 2017 Highly Cited Researcher. Clarivate Analytics has recently published their 2017 list of Highly Cited Researchers which includes more than 3,300 researchers. Four researchers from the Department of Energy Technology have made it to this year’s list. Please see the full news here.
- Event: Associate Professor Juan Vasquez, Professor Josep Guerrero, Associate Professor Mehdi Savaghebi and the Postdoctoral Researcher Yajuan Guan presented a Tutorial entitled: The Internet of Energy - The Building-Block for the future Smart Grids at the 43rd Annual Conference of the IEEE Industrial Electronics Society (IECON2017).
Date: October 29 - November 1st, 2017. 8 papers were presented.
- Annoucement: Due to the success of the special session organized in iTHINGS2017, we are pleased to announce a new iTHINGS-2018 Special Session on “IoT-driven eNErgy sysTems (INET): Advances and Applications”. Deadline: not defined yet. It is expected around mid January 2018.
- Annoucement: There is Special Session on Energy Internet on IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics. Deadline: December 10th, 2017. For more information, please see here
- Event: Dr. Amjad Anvari-Moghaddam attended the 10th IEEE International Conference on Internet of Things (iThings-2017) in Exeter, Devon, UK as the chair of the International Workshop on Energy Internet.
- Event: Dr Juan Vasquez attended the AAU Talent Management Programme Event with the 2003 Nobel Laureate in Chemistry Peter Agre, MD
- Update: Dr Juan Vasquez will attend the AAU Interdisciplinary Workshop on Intelligent, Sustainable and Integrated Energy Development and Consumption on April 24. The aim is to bring relevant perspectives and ambitions on future research projects in order to foster innovative interdisciplinary collaboration
- Update: Dr. Juan Vasquez and Prof. Josep Guerrero will visit the Danish IoT manufacter Develco Products A/S in Aarhus. The purpose of this visit is to establish a partnership intended for future IoT projects. Develco products will be integrated for smart home, smart energy, home security, and healthcare applications in the IoT Microgrid living laboratory.
- Update: Dr Juan Vasquez will attend the Seconded European Standardization Expert in China (SESEC) webinar on "EU & China IoT Standardization", given by Dr. Betty Xu on April 11th.
- Annoucement: Dr Mehdi Savaghebi is a co-chair for a Special Session on Communications and Control in Power and Energy Systems will be held in conjunction with the 17th edition of the IEEE International Conference on Ubiquitous Wireless Broadband ICUWB’2017 in Salamanca, Spain, from September 12th to 15th, 2017. Deadline: April 24th, 2017. Please see more information here
- Annoucement: There is a iTHINGS-2017 Special Session on Energy Internet - Integrating Internet of Things into the Smart Energy Systens. Deadline: Extended to 23 March. Please see more information here
- A short link to this webpage for future citations and references www.iot-energy.et.aau.dk
- Annoucement: One PhD stipend will be annouced to be started in the first quater of 2017. See all the information here.
- A strategic cooperation meeting together with the project partner, Associate Prof. Kai Sun from the Institute of Power Electronics and Electrical Machine Systems, Department of Electrical Engineering, Tsinghua University. The meeting defined future IoT road map in combination with the Tsinghua Energy Internet Research Institute in Beijing, China.
News: Associate Professor Juan C. Vasquez and Prof. Josep Guerrero will attend the IoT Solutions World Congress taking place October 25-27, 2016. The congress is building to be an International reference for Industrial Internet-of- Things and Energy use cases.
Selected 18 AAU researchers and the Executive Board for the university's new talent development program as part of the AAU Strategy - Knowledge for the World
Two MSc projects proposals have been announced in connection with the research methodology and structure of this project.