The Department is always open to new ideas and challenges within the energy area. Hence, the Department has some specific research projects that don't belong under the existing research programmes. You may find a list of such projects below. Hopefully these projects may evolve into more activities and maybe a new future independent research programme.
- Local Heating Concepts for Power Balancing (2017-2019) (Research Project)
- Photocatalytic Degradation of Plant-Generated Ethylene over Titanium Dioxide Thin Films: Kinetic Modelling and Photoreactor Design (PhD Project - Rodica Elisabeta Stroe)
- Clogging in Waste Water Pumps (PhD Project - Anna Lyhne Jensen)
- Wet Scrubbers for Reducing SOx Emissions from Marine Engines (PhD Project - Simonsen, Anders Schou)
- On the Adhesive Behaviour of Micron-sized Particles in Turbulent Flow: A Numerical Study Coupling the Discrete Element Method and Large Eddy Simulations (PhD Project - Jakob Hærvig)
- Steam concrete storage (2017) (Research Project)
- Exhaust Gas Pressurized Boiler for Large Two-Stroke Marine Engines (EGP Boiler) (2014-2016) (Research Project)